Saturday, January 9, 2016

Going back to work (Post 2)

I took about 5 weeks off work after we lost Owen. Physically, I was feeling okay considering I was 4 weeks out from major abdominal surgery. My energy was limited but I could make it through the day. I could have taken more time off but I decided that being busy during the day would be helpful. I was blessed to have close friends at my school that helped me through the day when I needed a break from my students to fall apart in the bathroom and get myself back together again. It was good to see them and it was good to be busy, but wow was it TOUGH! I felt like a shell of myself and didn't know how I could possible meet the needs of all of my students when I could barely make it through the day myself. Again, God provided for my needs!

At this point, Jesse had started in a new position at work as a full-time package car driver. That was a provision from the Lord because it provided for our financial needs, especially since I didn't have much sick time to use while I was out from work. Speaking of financial provision, one week during my recovery we were a little short on money for a couple bills. The total amount was about $135. To my amazement, I checked the mail and had received a check from short-term disability. And guess what... the check amount was EXACTLY, down to the dollar, what we needed for our bills that we didn't know how we were going to pay. Talk about Jesus providing for our needs!

After lost of tests, we still didn't have answers. That was frustrating and really hard do handle. We hoped to have an explanation for both closure and to help make a plan for future pregnancies.

We kept verses posted around the house... a couple favorites were (and are)...

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


A few months after losing Owen we decided that we wanted to honor him through tattoos. We love them. I love being able to see his name each day.

Our tattoos have helped to bring some healing 
Jeremiah 29:11 

Here is Owen's ultrasound pictures at 6, 10 and 14 weeks.
The picture of us is the day Jesse got his tattoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment