Saturday, January 9, 2016

Asking for God's leading (Post 6)

I've always been open to adoption. As a child I decided on my own to sponsor a child. I got my first job when I was 15. With some of the money I earned, I helped a boy in Guatemala. I loved seeing his pictures and reading about how his life was helped through sponsorship. Every year at Christmas I loved to fill a shoe box with treats and supplies and sent it to children who needed them. (Read more about the program here... http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/ )

I always imagined myself having biological and adopted children. So for me, the idea of adoption is exciting. It's also scary. The challenging part about it is allowing myself to be vulnerable.

Jesse and I both agreed that we want to see if God wants to grow our family through adoption. We want to live where our trust is without borders! We are taking a step of faith and starting the journey of adoption.

Will you pray with us? Pray that God would make His plan for us clear! Pray for us to be bold and rely on Him! There are a lot of logistics to work out but we know that God is a big God! I've seen Him provide for Jesse and I in many ways! If this is His will for our life, it WILL happen! Pray that we can be confident in this and TRUST Him!


2 comments:

  1. Oh momma!! I will pray this prayer for you daily and fervently. I wish Ohio was closer :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete